Aspen: Your Summer Events DestinationFrom sports enthusiasts, to music lovers, to Foodies and families, Aspen offers intriguing and exciting events all summer long.
Cultural events that enrich the mind, body, and spirit are what the summer season is all about in Aspen. Music aficionados will revel in the Aspen Music Festival which features more than 300 classical music events—including concerts by five orchestras, solo and chamber music performances, fully staged opera productions, master classes, lectures, and children’s programming. Plus educational opportunities for talented new musicians.
The Food & Wine Classic features the world’s most accomplished winemakers, celebrity chefs, and culinary experts, brought together in one breathtaking setting. Don’t miss the opportunity to experience the pinnacle of good taste, the chance to mingle with stars, and enjoy a pleasure-packed weekend at the base of spectacular Aspen Mountain.
The Aspen Ideas Festival is the nation’s premier, public gathering place for thought leaders from around the globe and across many disciplines to engage in deep and inquisitive discussions of the issues that shape our lives and challenge our times.
Jazz Aspen Snowmass (JAS) features world-class jazz, blues, and soul music. Come and listen to some of the best artists and performers of our time surrounded by the beauty of the Colorado Rocky mountains – during the 3 day June event or enjoy the free concert series all summer long!
Can’t get here during summer? Here are a few of the equally cool winter events:
- Winter Words is a celebration of literature. Each session focuses on poetry, journalism, and literary fiction taught by some of the most established writers of our era.
- Free concerts all ski season long with the Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series!
- Every year the Aspen X-Games lights up Aspen-Snowmass and presents an edge-of-your-seat sporting event – with lots of other activities – for your winter visit. Check out this year’s eye-popping schedule of events!
- Wintersköl, Aspen’s annual winter celebration. The four day celebration features on-mountain activities, a Fat Cycle Challenge, Soupsköl, a canine fashion show, WinterFest, fireworks and much more.
- The Aspen Art Museum constantly has amazing art exhibitions going on throughout the year. This winter, there are a number of exquisite artists showcasing their pieces including:
- The Aspen Music Festival & School hosts various concerts throughout the winter season at the Harris Concert Hall.
- Aspen Film present a variety of films in partnership with The Wheeler Opera House and Metroplitan Theatres.
Want to know more about what’s going on during your visit or schedule your visit to coincide with a special event? Use our comprehensive and current calendar of events!